Saturday, March 26, 2011

New stride effects

I've been working on/running with the new stride for a couple of months now, and while there are always things wrong that I want to fix, I'm generally happy with the injury prevention results.  Right now I'm running more than ever have by a good bit; over the last 30 days, I've run more than 150 miles.  This month has been my highest mileage month ever and I still have a few days to go.  Three of the last four weeks have been higher mileage weeks than anything I've done to now.  And it's not just distance - I'm doing plenty of speed work, running more days per week, and generally training more focused than any time during the last two years.

And no hint of injury.  Not even achy knees.

Part of that has to do with the fact that I've run a lot in the last two years of course, and the lighter weight (I'm hovering just south of 180 these days) is also helping.  But I haven't felt anywhere close to this good in the middle of training.

In other news, part of my run this morning was done with a group of friends.  I've never run with a bunch of people before (other than in races, which doesn't count) and it really made the rest of my run feel a lot shorter.  It also showed me that there's more than enough interested among my friends to at least attempt to start up a running club of sorts, which is something I've been thinking about lately.

2 comments:

  1. I love running with a buddy! Sometimes I love running alone, but alot of times it is great to have a friend when their pace either matches mine or pushes me to improve! The conversation is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know when I walk with my friends,the walk is over before I know it.

    ReplyDelete